View Profile 15thDimension

2 Movie Reviews

LOL

Didn't see that one coming xD

Great work on this though, well made! Keep it up!

Random 60 frame animations FTW

Great work!

SteakandKidneyPie responds:

Thanks

42 Audio Reviews

Magnificent.

You did a fantastic job capturing the mood here, both in term of arrangement and mix. The loose timing on the guitars gives this piece a great laid back feel, and the low mids really bring out the warm nature.

I'm a big fan of ambience use properly, so bonus points to you for going out and actually recording some of your own.

If I had to be nit-picky I would just suggest making sure to draw the line between a stylistic decision and a mix technicality. The warm frequencies add a lot in this case, but take care that no range overpowers the other by too much.

All around, great work on this one.

inhstudios responds:

Thanks for the review. Maybe you could inbox me about that style/mix scenario.
And maybe we could get a duo project going on the dumping grounds, sometime.
I'd love to hear back from you, dude.
Have a good one, and many thanks for the review.

Pretty sweet sounding dude! I'm liking the overall arrangement, it seems to flows nicely together. I were to try and be critical one thing I would suggest is working out some mixing kinks in the middle part with the percussion, perhaps EQing stuff in increase clarity. Additionally, maybe some velocity adjustments to the instrument score to add some humanism to it would be a nice touch. Aside from that though, sounding really good. I especially liked the distortion effects you added around 1:22, they add a lot to the overall feel of the piece.

Good work so far!

9/10

5/5

tigger888 responds:

will try to eq the percussion, but it will be a pain as i am using something like 19 different samples for the percussion plus a drum vst, so thats like 20 total mixer channels, i linked almost all of them to the same channel and more or less eq'ed it from one channel. Huminization will be difficult as the plugins that i have are not that great, but i will try!! Thanks for the review!! Glad you like it! I prayed so God would bless this track.

Awesome start man, I can't wait to see where this goes. I definitely like the chord progression and this mixing is pretty palatable so far. The only thing I would recommend is adding a few transition elements where the drums kick in, like at 0:31. The beginning strings are pretty quiet so when the percussion elements started my volume was way too high :P

But yeah, overall sounding pretty good!

8/10