Coffee Shop Coffee Shop

Magnificent.

You did a fantastic job capturing the mood here, both in term of arrangement and mix. The loose timing on the guitars gives this piece a great laid back feel, and the low mids really bring out the warm nature.

I'm a big fan of ambience use properly, so bonus points to you for going out and actually recording some of your own.

If I had to be nit-picky I would just suggest making sure to draw the line between a stylistic decision and a mix technicality. The warm frequencies add a lot in this case, but take care that no range overpowers the other by too much.

All around, great work on this one.

inhstudios responds:

Thanks for the review. Maybe you could inbox me about that style/mix scenario.
And maybe we could get a duo project going on the dumping grounds, sometime.
I'd love to hear back from you, dude.
Have a good one, and many thanks for the review.

Composition.. Composition..

Pretty sweet sounding dude! I'm liking the overall arrangement, it seems to flows nicely together. I were to try and be critical one thing I would suggest is working out some mixing kinks in the middle part with the percussion, perhaps EQing stuff in increase clarity. Additionally, maybe some velocity adjustments to the instrument score to add some humanism to it would be a nice touch. Aside from that though, sounding really good. I especially liked the distortion effects you added around 1:22, they add a lot to the overall feel of the piece.

Good work so far!

tigger888 responds:

will try to eq the percussion, but it will be a pain as i am using something like 19 different samples for the percussion plus a drum vst, so thats like 20 total mixer channels, i linked almost all of them to the same channel and more or less eq'ed it from one channel. Huminization will be difficult as the plugins that i have are not that great, but i will try!! Thanks for the review!! Glad you like it! I prayed so God would bless this track.

The war is starting [WIP] The war is starting [WIP]

Awesome start man, I can't wait to see where this goes. I definitely like the chord progression and this mixing is pretty palatable so far. The only thing I would recommend is adding a few transition elements where the drums kick in, like at 0:31. The beginning strings are pretty quiet so when the percussion elements started my volume was way too high :P

But yeah, overall sounding pretty good!

8/10

Eternal Love[Original Mix Eternal Love[Original Mix

Guess it about time I show up

So, CONGRATULATIONS on the top 5! Absolutely stunning song overall. I was gonna try and be critical, probably the only complaint I would have would be that the chorus seems to be lacking in bass a little. Maybe it's because of the bass drop before it, but at leas *in comparison* is could use a little more.

Other than that, amazing song! Great mixing, great composition, and great choice of sounds.

10/10
+ favorited

stephenstripling responds:

I was actually thinking about the bass drop thing, so I adjusted the frequency of it. Thanks for the kind words, vote, review, and favorite, I really appreciate it!

Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow Sift - Fiji + Alias Pharow

Hold on a moment,

let me pick up my jaw off the floor

MrFijiWiji responds:

*hands you a bag off ice* u might want this

UK happy hardcore attempt UK happy hardcore attempt

Excellent start!

I like where this is going! Just expound on it some more and you got yourself one sick track. And you gotta love those sweet drum beats also xD.

tigger888 responds:

Thanks, i think i will copy riff style into a different track.

Nameless sector WIP Nameless sector WIP

Tight!

Nice work here man, flows smoothly! Overall, it's pretty good. Same for the mixing except at around 1:19-1:20, there's a lot of clipping there. Also, the reverse bells sound a little muddy and disorganized but that could just be how you intended it.

Again, great work!

tigger888 responds:

i might tone down the explosion at 1:19, thanks for pointing out the clipping, the reverse bells, i think they sound fine the way they are. Thanks for the review man!

Color the Night (wip) Color the Night (wip)

Unique!

Very interesting track you have here. Very trancey, but a bit of an unconventional, laid back, chord progression which is cool. I see where in the description it say you changed the volume of the drums but imo the kick is really overpowered by the rest of the mix at 0:50. Most trance has a very powerful or clear kick.

Anyway, great job.

8/10

tigger888 responds:

Thanks man, i am going to play with volume levels and mix, i still need yo make a nice transition and progression.

Thinking Back[Original] Thinking Back[Original]

Nicely done.

But there's a few things that didn't quite cut it for me in this song. First of all, progressive trance is normally much longer than 2 minutes or so. It gradually builds, adds, and takes away. Hence the name of course. The arp was a bit "muddy," but I get what you were aiming at. Another thing was that there wasn't much variation, or much time for it for that matter, which brings me to a previous point. The subtle effects were very nice and added to the overall feel, but the mixing really held back the potential power of the song.

Just keep the music coming :P

DjKanis responds:

That's kinda why I said it was kinda progressive, not progressive. I know what progressive trance is. And there isn't usually much variation in the overall tune or chord progression of progressive trance, and this was "kinda" progressive. Thanks anyway though.

-|FROST|- (DJ Qwamii Remix) -|FROST|- (DJ Qwamii Remix)

Jaw drop :O

I LOVE where you went with this! You took the concept and mixed it up into an even more epic arrangement! This is really cool!

10/10